GENERAL ARTIST INFORMATION
Register for an artist space at Hydra Comic Con beginning noon PDT April 19th, 2017. Tickets will be on sale here
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Cancellations: Should the artist cancel 90 days or more in advance of the event the artist shall receive 100% refund minus any incurred fees; between 90 and 31 days of the event the artist shall receive 50% refund; within 30 days of the event the artist shall not be issued a refund. Space ownership may not be transferred to a different artist.
Artist Spaces go on sale: April 19, 2017
Deadline to submit Seller’s Permit information: June 1, 2017
Tentative At-Con Hours
Exhibit Hall opens to Exhibitors: 7AM
Exhibit Hall opens to the Public: 10AM
Exhibit Hall closes: 7PM
Exhibitors must vacate: 8PM
Exhibit Hall opens to Exhibitors: 8AM
Exhibit Hall opens to the Public: 10AM
Exhibit Hall closes: 5PM
Exhibitors must vacate: 7PM
Hours are subject to change.
- All art and imagery needs to be the creation of the artist(s) who purchased the artist space. Materials such as trading cards, advertisements, stickers, printed out imagery, etc, may not be used in any item for sale.
- Art and displays may not contain logos, names, and emblems of licensed properties.
- Weapons, except for cosplay prop items which must be immediately peace-bound by the purchaser.
- Noisy, dangerous, and harmful substances, supplies and/or equipment.
- Reproductions of existing licensed merchandise in any form. This includes tracing, copying, scanning, downloading or editing of copyrighted artwork, characters, or logos if they were not created by the Artist.
- Selling, reselling, or distribution of commercial products, including the unauthorized re-releasing of merchandise of any kind (“bootlegs”).
- Food or beverages.
- Adult materials (more details below in Terms and Conditions).
- Pseudo-Merchandise (items that, intentionally or not, directly compete with licensed merchandise available in the Exhibit Hall or elsewhere). This includes such items as cosplay props and costumes, t-shirts, buttons, key chains, etc, that are similar to existing licensed merchandise.
- Up-cycled items where the artist’s original art/imagery is not the focus of the piece.
- Raffle tickets or other game tickets/pieces that could be classified as gambling
- Nothing may be affixed to any Santa Clara Convention Center equipment.
- Exhibit Hall tables and chairs may not be used as stepladders or scaffolding. Any damages caused to this equipment due to carelessness or as a result of improper use will be the responsibility of the Artist.
- The Organizer is not liable for lost or stolen goods, merchandise, or other items.
- All setups and displays must not interfere with neighboring tables. All setups and displays must not block/intrude into aisles. All setups and displays must be stable and not pose a hazard.
- All sales transactions must be completed in the purchased space.
- Noisy, dangerous, and harmful substances, supplies and/or equipment are prohibited.
- The sale of adult materials is prohibited (more details in Terms and Conditions).
- The sale of food and drink is prohibited.
- Artists must not leave items, including trash, behind on load-out. Excessively messy artists may be charged a cleaning fee and/or banned from further Sea Monster Media events.
- Hydra Comic Con explicitly reserves the right to cancel any registration for any reason without being liable for any damages or costs.
Possible reasons for cancellation include, but are not limited to the following:
- Being a seller of prohibited items (pseudo-merchandise, bootlegs, adult materials, food, etc)
- Being an inappropriate exhibitor for Hydra Comic Con (does not fit the theme or spirit of the convention)
In the event of Organizer initiated cancelation prior to the Event, any payment rendered will be refunded minus any third party fees, where applicable. Cancellations due to inappropriate Artist conduct or violation of the Terms and Conditions may not result in Artist(s) being refunded, depending on the severity of the offense.
The “Event” is Hydra Comic Con, which will be held June 17-18 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA with hours open to the public between 10AM and 7PM on Saturday, June 17 and 10AM and 5PM on Sunday, June 18. The “Exhibitor” is the company and/or person(s) signing this contract. The “Organizer” is Sea Monster Media LLC and its directors, agents, employees, staff, etc. The “Exhibit Hall” is the space wherein exhibitors are located. The “Facility” is the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
The actual occupancy of the space taken by Exhibitor is the purpose of this Agreement. If Exhibitor does not occupy such space, Organizer is authorized to occupy such space or to cause such space to be occupied as Organizer deems in the best interest of the Event without in any way releasing Exhibitor from any liability hereunder. Organizer reserves the right to relocate Exhibitor. It is further agreed that the conditions, rules and regulations printed on this Agreement or any attachments hereto, and in any exhibitors’ documents, as any of such may be amended from time to time, are made a part hereof as though fully incorporated herein, and Exhibitor agrees to be bound by such. Carefully read the “Cancellation Policy” to ensure you fully understand your rights and financial obligations. This Policy will be strictly enforced.
1. Qualifications of Exhibitor
Organizer, in its sole discretion, shall have the right to determine whether a prospective exhibitor is eligible to participate in the Event. Applicants who have not previously exhibited at a prior event held by Organizer similar to that of the Event may be required to submit a description of the nature of their business and the items intended to be exhibited. Organizer reserves the right to restrict or remove any exhibit which Organizer, in its sole discretion, believes is objectionable or inappropriate. Only Exhibitors with products and/or services relating to comic books, art, animation, or other related popular culture items are eligible to exhibit. No adult materials may be displayed or sold.
2. Booth/Space Assignment
Organizer shall assign space, taking into account the nature of the services and/or products being exhibited. Organizer reserves right to move Exhibitor, provided Organizer attempts to provide a comparable booth/space assignment.
Should the Exhibitor cancel 90 days or more in advance of the Event the Exhibitor shall receive 100% refund; between 90 and 31 days of the Event the Exhibitor shall receive 50% refund; within 30 days of the Event the Exhibitor shall not be issued a refund. If the Exhibitor fails to make payment in a timely manner, Organizer may terminate the contract immediately.
4. Grey Market Goods and Copyrighted Material
Under no circumstances shall Exhibitor sell or display grey market goods, bootlegs, or pseudo-merchandise. It is the sole discretion of the Organizer to decide what constitutes pseudo-merchandise. The Organizer reserves the right to restrict the Exhibitor from selling and/or remove the Exhibitor from the premises. Exhibitors playing music, videos, still pictures or other copyrighted material shall make sure it is permissible or obtain all rights required to do so, and pay any royalties, fees, or other payments to appropriate parties as required by federal law.
5. Adult Materials
Under no circumstances shall Exhibitor sell or display adult materials. Adult materials can be defined as sexually explicit anime, comics, books, films, animation, manga, hentai, yaoi and computer games. Products with nudity (defined as male/female genitalia, anus, or female breasts where the areola or nipple is visible) is not allowed. Additionally, booths that contain overtly sexual displays (even without nudity present) may need to be removed from public view.
The Exhibitor agrees that no real weapons, guns or projectile weapons of any kind will be sold at the Event. Non-functional replica/prop weapons may be sold provided that a government-issued identification be checked and weapons not sold to minors. All purchasers must be made aware that weapons must also be kept in packaging and not opened on convention grounds.
7. Taxes and Licenses
The Exhibitor is responsible for obtaining any licenses, permits, or approvals required under law applicable to their activity at the Event. The Exhibitor shall be responsible for obtaining any tax identification numbers required and paying all taxes, license fees, fines, or other charges that shall come due to any governmental authority in connection with their activity at Event. Exhibitor will be required to provide proof of a valid and current California Seller’s Permit, temporary or otherwise, which may be acquired from the California Board of Equalization.
Exhibitor is advised to see that its regular insurance company includes extraterritorial coverage, and that it has its own theft, public liability, and property damage insurance.
9. Right to Use Exhibitor’s Name, Logo
By signing this contract, Exhibitor expressly grants to Organizer the right to use, display, and reproduce the names, trade names, product names, and logos in any directory (print, online, or other media) and as part of marketing materials for the Event.
10. Care of Facility
Due care of the Exhibit Facility is requested of the Exhibitor. Exhibitors shall abide by all Facility rules and regulations and shall be liable for any damage caused by Exhibitor. Space must be vacated as it is found – empty of trash, debris, or other items.
Exhibitor shall not sub-license, assign or otherwise permit any person to occupy, Exhibitor’s booth, or any part thereof, or use the booth for the exhibition of anything not specified in this Agreement. This includes Reselling or Transferring of space. In the case of multiple parties sharing one exhibit space, the person whose name appears of this contract assumes full responsibility for that space as specified here. Organizer rulings in its sole discretion shall in all instances be final with regard to use of any exhibit space.
12. Amendment to Rules
Any matters not specifically covered by the preceding rules shall be subject solely to the decision of Organizer. The Organizer shall have full power in the matter of interpretation, amendment and enforcement of all said rules and regulations.
13. Assumption of Risks, Releases and Limitations of Liability
The Exhibitor expressly assumes all risks associated with the Exhibitor’s participation at the Event, including without limitation, all risks of theft, harm, damage, injury to the person, property, business or profits of the Exhibitor whether caused by negligence, intentional acts, accidents, acts of God or otherwise. Neither Organizer nor Exhibit Facility accept responsibility nor shall be liable for any injury, loss or damages, and the Exhibitor hereby fully and forever releases and discharges the Organizer and Exhibit Facility for all losses pertaining to the Event. In no event shall Organizer’s maximum liability under any circumstances exceed the amount actually paid to Organizer by Exhibitor minus any normal expenses paid by Organizer on behalf of Exhibitor. Organizer makes no representations or warranties, expressed or implied, as to number of attendees or regarding any other matters.
14. Hold Harmless Clause / Indemnification
The Exhibitor shall hold the Organizer and the Exhibit Facility harmless from any and all claims, demands, suites, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, reasonable attorney fees, and costs which may arise out of or in connection with the Exhibitor’s participation or presence at the Event, including but not limited to any violation or infringement of any law or ordinance, rights of any party under any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary right, or breach of contract by Exhibitor. The Exhibitor assumes the entire responsibility and liability for losses, damages, and claims arising out of Exhibitor’s activities on the Hotel premises and will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Hotel and Group, their respective owners, and management companies, as well as their respective agents, servants, and employees from any and all such losses, damages, and claims.
There is no other agreement or warranty between the Exhibitor and Organizer except as set forth in this document. The rights of Organizer under this contract shall not be deemed waived except as specifically stated in writing and signed by an authorized officer of Event. Any action which Organizer or Exhibitor may bring against each other, based upon or in any way relating to this contract or its performance, shall be brought forth in state court located within the state of California, and Organizer and Exhibitor hereby waive all questions of personal jurisdiction or venue order to give effect this provision. Should any part of this contract be held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be construed consistent with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
Organizer reserves the right to require Exhibitor to remove items from public display in a timely manner if deemed inappropriate by standards set by Organizer. Organizer reserves the right to revoke facilities provided for Exhibitor at the discretion of Organizer.
17. Additional Terms and Conditions
From time to time Organizer may provide additional materials that may specify additional terms and conditions for Exhibitor participation and/or presence at the Event. Any and all matters pertaining to the Event and not specifically covered by General Terms and Conditions shall be subject to determination of Organizer at its sole discretion.
This contract shall be treated as though it were executed and performed in Santa Clara, California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States Of America and of the State of California. The language in this contract shall be interpreted as to its fair meaning and not strictly for or against any party.